With the support of the Ministry of Education and Digital Technologies Teachers Aotearoa, Grow Waitaha together with Ara Institute of Canterbury are offering a programme of support for senior secondary Digital Technologies teachers.
The programme aims to:
- provide specialised support for secondary Digital Technologies teachers to design and implement a senior secondary Digital Technologies (DT) school programme
- create opportunities for the sharing of emerging innovative DT practice between secondary schools
- foster connections between schooling, tertiary and subject associations, as well as MoE funded initiatives; Grow Waitaha and Kia Takatū ā-Matihiko.
This programme will be delivered in English and will relate to the Digital Technology area of the New Zealand Curriculum. All Māori medium kaiako are invited to attend, as the skills and knowledge covered in these sessions are universal within digital technologies and relevant to Māori medium contexts.
Ara digital technology specialists will be joining the Grow Waitaha team to pilot two options for support from February–November 2019:
- Option 1: An in-depth personalised programme of support for senior secondary DT teachers/kaiako for 20 schools in Greater Christchurch only
- Option 2: A Community of Practice that will include the 20 teachers participating in option 1, plus another 20 secondary DT teachers from across the wider Canterbury region.
Information for the Community of Practice (Participants in Option One and Two) :
Time: 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Dates: 20 March, 6 May, 19 June, 29 July, 11 Sept, 21 Oct
Venue: Celebration Centre, 81 Bickerton Street, Christchurch
Please register your interest by February 15 2019. Full details, including dates, venues and the format of the CoP will be provided to registered participants after this date.
Click here to register your interest in Option 1 (Open to schools in the Greater Christchurch area only)
Click here to register your interest in Option 2 (Open to schools in the wider Canterbury area)
Please note: Participants who register for option 1 will automatically be registered in option 2.