What big question do we want to explore at this hui?
How will we engage our tamariki in an ever changing world, through Technology?
We will consider the implications of:
- Cultural contexts for learning
- Localised curriculum
- Future focused education
- Effective teacher practice
- Teacher collaboration
You are invited to attend the Grow Waitaha Technology Incubator Hui launch to unpack and share in new ideas around this big question.
Joining us will be:
- Hamish Duff - Recalibrate (Future of Learning)
- Karen Haigh (Supernodes Christchurch)
- Katy Smeele (Heaton Intermediate) & Emma Scott (Lincoln Primary Tech) who will be sharing how they empower learners to choose their own pathways in Technology.
Who is invited?
We would like to extend the invite to the Principal of the school and one key person in the team who could be a agent for change in developing new pedagogies in the school - who is your mover and shaker?
Why would you attend?
The rebuild of Waitaha is a lever for change. Therefore, how can we harness the power of this change to make sure that our tamariki are equipped for their future not our past? If we can get people to unite around a central vision then we can get action! (Hamish Duff)
We really hope you can join us.