Strengthening local curriculum will be the focus for a new Grow Waitaha Community of Practice launching in Term 4, 2019.
Who is the community of practice for?
Schools who are developing their local curriculum and looking for support to ensure that they have brought the New Zealand curriculum to life in their school.
Bring a curriculum design team (2-4 people) from your school to:
- consider place-based curriculum design ideas with authentic mana whenua perspectives
- create links to mana whenua that are current, active and effective
- explore resources and tools, including those created by local hapū and iwi, to support your local curriculum design
- access expertise and examples
- connect and collaborate with others
- spend time in your team designing and developing your local curriculum
The community of practice will begin with a hui on Thursday 24 October, 9:00am - 3:30pm
There will be four hui additional over Terms 1 and 2 of 2020. (Dates and design for 2020 to be confirmed).
Mana Whenua Facilitators - Mātauraka Mahaanui
Ngaire Shepherd-Wills, Kerry Hall - Grow Waitaha facilitators
Registrations for this event have now closed.