In term 4, 2019 Grow Waitaha launched the Strengthening local curriculum Community of Practice for Primary and Intermediate schools.
Who is the community of practice for?
Schools (Year 1-8) who are developing their local curriculum and looking for support to ensure that they have brought the New Zealand curriculum to life in their school.
Our aim is to support schools to:
- consider place-based curriculum design ideas with authentic mana whenua perspectives
- create links to mana whenua that are current, active and effective
- explore resources and tools, including those created by local hapū and iwi, to support your local curriculum design
- access expertise and examples
- connect and collaborate with others
- give participants time in their teams where they can design and develop their local curriculum
There will be four hui over Terms 1 and 2 of 2020:
- Friday 28 February
- Tuesday 31 March
- Tuesday 19 May
- Thursday 18 June
Mana Whenua Facilitators - Mātauraka Mahaanui
Ngaire Shepherd-Wills, Kerry Hall - Grow Waitaha facilitators
If you are interested in joining the CoP please email Ngaire (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kerry (email@example.com) for more information