- The Wellbeing Community of Practice (CoP) supports schools/Kāhui Ako in developing systematic wellbeing strategies. This Wellbeing CoP is focusing on:
- wellbeing literacy and skills
- te ao Māori world view
- leading change
- learning from each other across the education sector.
The CoP involves four hui (Terms 1-4) and mentoring sessions focused on strategic action back in your school, Kura or Kāhui Ako.
- To create opportunities for leaders and teachers to develop, implement and embed their wellbeing focus co-constructed with whānau and tamariki.
- To share emerging innovative practice between schools and Kāhui Ako in order to support, challenge and provoke ongoing transformation across the education sector in Canterbury.
- The Wellbeing CoP supports schools and teams who are at different places on their “wellbeing journey”. For some, it may be the very beginning, whilst others may bring considerable experience with programmes already in place.
- In 2020 we have offered the Wellbeing CoP to all schools, Kura and Kāhui Ako across Canterbury.
- Teams of 2 - 4 staff (requiring one senior leader) from across the sector, Kāhui Ako are invited to register for this full-year Wellbeing CoP.
- The Wellbeing CoP is a partnership between Grow Waitaha and the NZ Institute of Wellbeing & Resilience. The facilitators are Angela Vermeulen, Dr Lucy Hone and Greg Jansen, who all bring expertise and experience in supporting schools, Kura and Kāhui Ako with wellbeing programmes.
Upcoming hui dates:
6 November – 9am – 4pm
For further information contact Greg or Ang on
Greg Jansen firstname.lastname@example.org
Angela Vermeulen Angela.email@example.com