Grow Waitaha has supported schools in post-earthquake Canterbury through educational transformation. It continues to work with school communities through the process of educational change.
“All ākonga are provided with innovative, connected and responsive teaching, learning experiences, pathways and environments. These will enable Māori to achieve success as Māori and all ākonga to thrive as culturally located learners and as citizens locally, nationally and globally.”
Grow – the intention to collectively grow and transform.
Waitaha – the abbreviated Māori name for the Canterbury area.
What we do
- co-design a range of opportunities with educators to connect, share and collaborate
- work with schools within the rebuild programme, from the development of a brief to inhabitation
- support schools through change with the Monitoring and Evaluation Framework MEF) (pdf) and MEF card set (pdf)
- curate stories of change and innovation
- share and co-design resources with, and for school communities
- monitor and evaluate the impact of our input
- commit to being sector-led.